By Flapper Press Poetry Café:
"Find love. Find love with all of your heart. And once found, love will find you.
It will break away the unbreakable, and make anew."
It’s time for our 3rd annual poetry call for submissions for Valentine’s Day Poetry! To keep our contest interesting, each year we try to develop a new way to express love through writing.
This year, our theme revolves around a Message in a Bottle!
(Did you know that there are actual directions for making a message in a bottle?)
For this contest, there's no bottle required—all you need to do is create the message!
(Please read carefully and submit all elements!)
1. Creativity is the key!
Write a poetic letter or poem of any form—rhyme, free verse, sonnet, pantoum, etc.
The "message" may be to a loved one, to someone you haven't met yet, to a grandparent, to a child, to a stranger—your choice!
2. Email your entry!
In the SUBJECT LINE, include your Name and "Valentine's Submission 2023".
Paste your letter/poem into the body of the email or add as an attachment.
Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(You may submit as many times as you like but use separate emails for each entry.)
- No entry fee.
- We will select 5 winning entries to published on Valentine's Day.
- $25 stipend to each winner
- ALL AGES are eligible.
- DEADLINE: Saturday, February 4, 2023
We look forward to sharing your work and spreading the love next month!
For Regular Submissions:
Presenting a wide range of poetry with a mission to promote a love and understanding of poetry for all. We welcome submissions for compelling poetry and look forward to publishing and supporting your creative endeavors. Submissions may also be considered for the Pushcart Prize.
1. Share at least three (3) poems
2. Include a short bio of 50–100 words, written in the third person.
(Plus any website and links.)
3. Share a brief backstory on each submitted poem
4. Submit an Author's photo and any images you want to include with the poems
5. Send all submissions and questions to: email@example.com